[CentOS] associate .php file with php

Maciej Żenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Mon Aug 22 21:32:02 UTC 2005

The other solution is to use the 'wine solution' which runs dos exe's
through wine based on extension.
It has something to do with setting up misc binary support.
I can't remember exactly how it's done but you basically load some special
kernel module (binfmt_misc I think) and then echo a proper line
(containing .php extension information and /usr/bin/php executer + some
other misc info) into the proper place in the /proc file system hierarchy.
It should be documented somewhere in the kernel docs.

Cheers,
MaZe.