[CentOS] Need a little kick start to compile appletalk module

Greg Swallow - SkyNet gregswallow at skynetonline.ca
Mon Aug 22 22:50:13 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:
> RHEL 4 (and thus CentOS 4) do not have appletalk module included.
> CentOSPlus rather thoughtfully has the 'unsupported' version which would
> have the appletalk module but I have been unable to get the old megaraid
> driver to run compiled from the kernel-devel for these 'unsupported'
> kernels.

It has been done already for SMEServer 7.0 Beta (whose RPMS are built on
Centos 4.1).  Here is a link to the SRPM:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/e-smith/devel/repo/SRPMS/k
ernel-module-appletalk-0.0.1-2_2.6.9_11.EL.src.rpm

If you want the compiled rpms (much easier) you'll have to get them out of
the ISO for SME 7 Beta1 here:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/smeserver/releases/7/iso/

Greg