[CentOS] dell sc420 connect to LCD 32" at 1366x768

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Aug 25 15:00:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 09:40 -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am attempting to connect my dell SC420 to a 32" LCD at 1366x768.
> I have attached my currect config file and currect X start log.
> (II) I810: Driver for Intel Integrated Graphics Chipsets: i810, i810-dc100,
> 	i810e, i815, i830M, 845G, 852GM/855GM, 865G, 915G, E7221 (i915),
> 	915GM, 945G

I have had nothing but problems with notebooks and Dell i8x0 GPUs when
it comes to the external DB15 port.  For some reason the driver will
only send the _exact_same_signaling_ of the internal LCD to the external
port.  So unless the external monitor/LCD is capable of the exact same
scan ranges as the notebook's LCD, I've been screwed.

I've been meaning to try my notebook in Windows to see if it has the
same problem.  I can only assume the Windows drivers from Intel actually
know how to drive the external DB15 at a difference scan range.

With nVidia Go Mobile chipsets, both the MIT "nv" driver (assuming the
OEM hasn't changed things) and the nVidia "nvidia" driver have no issue
driving the external DB15 at a different scan range than the internal
LCD.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com