[CentOS] Can't mount FAT32 partition

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Mon Aug 29 17:08:50 UTC 2005

>/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat rw,noauto,user,uid=512,gid=1002 1 2
>                                                            ^ ^
>really really bad idea -------------------------------------|-|

If you say so. Did I mention I was a newbie? I'm a newbie. I only put in
the 1 and 2 because that's what another guy on this list told me to do.
I have no idea what they mean.

>filesystem does not need to be dumped (field 5) and not need fsck'ing
>(field 6) - it is vfat right?

If vfat is the same as fat32, then yes.

I'm a little scared to go ahead with this, because I don't want to lose
any more data. If I change the last two numbers, will I at least be safe
from having Linux try and make changes to the hard drive?

Dave