[CentOS] pop before smtp

dan.trainor dan.trainor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 17:15:25 UTC 2005

Andrew Turnbull wrote:
> Hi
>
> Try this howto, its worked for me lots of times.
>
> http://genco.gen.tc/postfix_virtual.php
>
> Thanks
>
> On 29/08/05, Alan Hodgson <ahodgson at simkin.ca> wrote:

>>>Actually it's not.  It's a proper way to do it.
>>>
>>>Most people think SASL is a PITA.  But most of the pain is
>>>standard procedure for public key authentication.
>>>

>>Multiple versions, obtuse interaction with PAM, permissions issues, multiple
>>ways of using SASL (authdaemon or not) all make it much more difficult than it
>>needs to be, IMO.  And I've never set it up with the advanced methods, only
>>LOGIN and PLAIN, which I imagine most people would want it to work with to
>>be compatible with their POP/IMAP passwords (over SSL only, of course).

Yes, I've used this how-to many times, with a bit of modification to
work with Postfixadmin.

Maybe I'll write some docs on it soon here on how to adopt these install
procedures, while installing Postfixadmin.  That'd be kinda neat.  The
only thing that you need is some SQL hackery, but it does work quite well.

Thanks
-dant