[CentOS] mnt usb hard drive

Filianx filianx at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:45:46 UTC 2005

Thanks for that but it still wont recognise it..have tried it on SUSE 9.1and
9.3 and Fedora 4 and not had any problems....tried it on a RHEL 4.1 machine
and predictably it didn't recognise it either..don't really know enough
about it but the other 3 use a different kernel or are "patched"
differently??

I'll try a LUG or wait for CentOS 5!! lol

But thanks to all who gave me input much appreciated

On 31/08/05, Sudev Barar <sbarar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/31/05, Filianx <filianx at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Only way I could get output from dmeg was this way!!!!
> >
> > Have tried the centosplus kernel as I had assumed it might be closer to
> > fed4 which is 2.6.12 I think, what about centosplus devel. kernel?
> >
> > any further help would be gratefully recieved
>

> Have you created mount point ? Use mkdir /media/usbkey and then see if it
> mounts.
> HTH
> --
> Sudev Barar