[CentOS] Compiling lirc on centos 4.1 - SOVLED

Fri Aug 12 14:56:41 UTC 2005
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

I used the following command to solvee the missing kernel problem.

./configure --with-port=0x3f8 --with-irq=4 --with-transmitter --enable-sandboxed --with-driver=serial --with-kerneldir=/lib/modules/2.6.9-11.EL/build

Things are going much better now..

Jerry

----------

Karanbir,

I am still having problems. I grabbed the rpm and installed it. I could not get a /dev/lircd device.
I put the lirc.rules in /etc/udev/... even rebooted and still not there.

I then grabbed the src rpm, went through the normal stuff and tried to run ./configure and it tells
me I need the kernel source installed. I have the kernel source installed.

I am just selecting the default of serial when I run ./configure.

I would like to do this from the source package - but the kernel source keeps stopping that...

Any further ideas?

Jerry

Jerry Geis wrote:

>// I am trying to compile lirc.0.7.1 from www.lirc.org and it is indiacting
//>/ that
/>/ kernel source is not installed.
/>/
/>/ I then installed kernel source and ran the ./configure again. Same message
/>/ about kernel not being installed.
/>/
/>/ ANyone compiled lirc.0.7.1 on centos 4.1?
/
You can get a pre-built lirc-0.7.1 for i386 at :
http://centos.karan.org/el4/extras/stable/i386/RPMS/repodata/repoview/L.group.html

the source for it is
http://centos.karan.org/el4/extras/stable/i386/SRPMS/lirc-0.7.1-1.src.rpm

You might want to take a look at how its packaged, make changes etc in
the .spec and rebuild for your own needs.