[CentOS] auto.fs

Thu Aug 25 19:36:42 UTC 2005
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

Running a CentOS 4 server and have a few different Linux machines at
home. One desktop is FC 3 and one is FC 4 and I have an old laptop
running FC 1 (but I can update - just don't want to necessarily bother).

I am running LDAP and have 'included' redhat/autofs.schema in the setup
but have been too chicken to try to implement because I just have a bad
feeling about this...

If I automount my home directory from the LDAP server, am I gonna run
into a mess with different versions of things from the different systems
(i.e. GNOME settings/evolution/firefox).

Is it gonna be much slower because my home directory is now gonna be an
NFS mount and I have a 100BaseT connection to my home directory?

Any other considerations?

Craig