[CentOS] yum custom install

Mon Aug 29 20:27:38 UTC 2005
Todd Cary <todd at aristesoftware.com>

I am trying to learn some of the in's and out's of yum, and thanks to
the help of many on this forum, things are beginning to make more sense
(though I still have a lot more to learn).  My initial Centos install
was the "minimum".  From there I used yum grouplist and yum installgroup.

However, one of the members helped me with using yum to install
php-mysql and I just found on this forum php-gd (which I installed).  It
appears one "just has to know about these packages" or have I missed
something?

Once I have an install that I like, can I save off the list of packages
and use it the next time I do an install?

Also, when I do a "yum list", I do not see the php-mysql or the php-gd
listed.  Am I looking at the incorrect list?

Todd

--
Ariste Software
200 D Street Ext