[CentOS] My CentOs 4.1 desktop starts to freez ( non-responsive) with 100% cpu usage

Wed Aug 31 16:09:22 UTC 2005
mohamed yusuf <myusuf32 at yahoo.ca>

It starts to become a non-responsive from time to time
with 100% cpu usage eventhough there is no
applications running except a browser. I have been
running centos 4 for the past 6 months without any
problem with regular update. Now, I have to reboot
whenever it shows signs of a non-response.  It starts
to exhibit this behaviour a cople of days ago. I could
not figure it out the reason and need help.

Is there any tools to troubleshoot this ? I have tried
top, system monitor..

I have attache screen shoot of system monitor if it
helps.

Mohamed Yusuf