[CentOS] Gnome Logouts -- are very slow or they hang -- 2nd post

Tue Aug 2 06:55:33 UTC 2005
John Newbigin <jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au>

BRUCE STANLEY wrote:

> Howevr,  when executing the rpm command as root on a terminal
> screen  (ctrl-alt-F1),  I got several  'dma  BadCRC' error messages
> but everything worked ok.   I also installed the  kdegames  rpms
> off of the Centos #4 disk  ( rpm -iv  kdegams*.rpm) and got several
> 'BadCRC' error messages also, but everything installed and works ok.
BadCRC is not related to rpm, it is related to your disk IO.  It is not
necessarily fatal, the data should be re-transfered.

You should check you cabling and just to be safe, run a SMART test on
your disk.

John.