[CentOS] CentOS 4.0 compatible with Dell's OpenManage?

Tue Aug 2 12:56:56 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 15:14 +0800, Andrew Vong wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking into purchasing a few Dell Servers and installing it with
> CentOS 4.1. It comes with this software called the the Dell OpenManage
> Software Kit for PowerEdge that allows for remote monitoring of the servers.
> Has anyone out there successfully installed the OpenManage s/ware? Is it
> compatible with CentOS 4.1?
> Any opinions / feedback is welcome.

There are Dell OpenManage agents for Linux.  I don't know if their
entire management suits runs on Linux, but they do provide the agents.

--
Bryan J. Smith   b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com
DISCLAIMER:  Assume all statements above are not factual and made