[CentOS] ReiserFS and CentOS

Tue Aug 2 13:03:31 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 08:29 +0200, Bjorn Andersenq wrote:
> Ohh. Then im' sorry. I have only tried it in Fedora. I didn't know they
> had disabled it in RHEL.

Yep.  Remember, SLAs ... SLAs ... SLAs ...
They don't want to even give you the option.  ;->

With that said, XFS _does_ support SELinux.  XFS has typically supported
everything Ext3 has, and even more early on (e.g., quotas, POSIX ACLs
correctly, etc...).  SGI ported XFS whole from Irix, and like Ext3 (from
Ext2), it's design hasn't been changed from its core structure since the
mid-'90s.

ReiserFS wasn't designed with UNIX/inode/meta compatibility in mind,
hence why there are issues with feature/service compatibility until
someone writes some wrapper/mitigating code.

JFS was ported from OS/2, not AIX (because of IP concerns with Monterey
-- this was before IBM pulled out of Monterey), so they had a massive
amount of code to put back in for UNIX/inode/meta compatibility that
they are still working on.

--
Bryan J. Smith   b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com
DISCLAIMER:  Assume all statements above are not factual and made