[CentOS] Bacula

Tue Aug 2 16:53:51 UTC 2005
Bryan Cardillo <dillo+centos at seas.upenn.edu>

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 11:54:04AM -0400, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 at 11:50am, Bryan Cardillo wrote
> >
> >         I've also used amanda in the past, and looked into bacula
> >         for the tape spanning support as well.  However, I was not
> >         turned off by having to setup the schedules manually, and
> >         have been using bacula for several months to backup ~15TB.
>
> So, how do you set the schedule?  And when do your backups run (what's the
> window)?

        monthly fulls, first weekend of the month, start early
        saturday am, sometimes run until monday am.  weekly diffs
        and daily incrementals run in an 8 hour nightly window I
        should also mention, we're using disk spooling, an lto3
        drive (soon to be two), hardware compression, and a
        dedicated gig network.

        --Bryan