[CentOS] How to login to a new session?

Wed Aug 3 01:04:22 UTC 2005
Phil Schaffner <P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org>

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 07:46 +0800, Michael Boman wrote:

> > CentOS-4 is NOT KDE 3.4 ... it is KDE 3.3.1
> >

> Unless you update KDE from the kde-redhat repository
> (http://kde-redhat.sf.net), but then again you have moved away from a
> pure CentOS installation and it's stability can't be guaranteed nor
> officially supported.

No argument that moving away from tested core packages may compromise
stability, but (at the risk of starting a semantic argument :-) can one
talk about "official support" here?  This is, after all, not RHEL.
(e.g. Is CentOSplus official?  Guess not - plenty of caveats about
replacing core packages, but it works pretty well for me.)  The
community support is very good, even for "deviants".

> It also means that things may break when you do
> updates as official repositories/packages are only tested against the
> installations based on official packages.

No argument here, except for another nit-pick with "official".

Back OT, still never figured out how to get kdm to support multiple
sessions on :1, :2, ... as is reported to work on FC.  Any other clues
out there?

Cheers,
Phil