[CentOS] CentOS 4.0 compatible with Dell's OpenManage?

Wed Aug 3 22:23:38 UTC 2005
Bill Diamond <bill at billdiamond.com>

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 12:49 +0530, duffmckagan wrote:
> First question to be asked would be, is it for Windows or Linux?
>
> On 8/2/05, Andrew Vong <andrewvong at finpress.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking into purchasing a few Dell Servers and installing it with
> > CentOS 4.1. It comes with this software called the the Dell OpenManage
> > Software Kit for PowerEdge that allows for remote monitoring of the servers.
> >
> > Has anyone out there successfully installed the OpenManage s/ware? Is it
> > compatible with CentOS 4.1?
> >
> > Any opinions / feedback is welcome.

My experience with Open Manage is that it's a Windows-based product.
It's quite good, although there seems to be a penchant for it to get
smacked around by Microsoft updates.

Bill
--
Bill Diamond <bill at billdiamond.com>