[CentOS] Re: What's the Linux equivelant of an exe file?

Thu Aug 4 16:07:21 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

Simon Perreault <nomis80 at lqt.ca> wrote:
> You still have to give it execute permission. Where's the
> problem? Isn't that exactly the same as calling
/usr/bin/perl
> when there's a Perl script starting with #!/usr/bin/perl
> that's executable?

I typically prevent this by putting "noexec" on the VFAT
filesystem I mount.  But yes, I don't like the fact that many
packages setup the the WINE execution daemon.  I want to say
I've even seen it execute without the bit set, but maybe I'm
reaching.