[CentOS] Welcome screen is crashing.

Fri Aug 5 05:19:39 UTC 2005
Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com>

> did you upgrade by installing new RPMs, or by building from source?
> whichever way you chose, it may be difficult to get back to a stable
> configuration if you overwrote the installation of KDE that was
> already there.

I don't think I overwrote anything, I think I just added to the KDE that
I have. At least that was my intention. I was trying to avoid getting
any betas or anything too new or weird. My understanding was that I just
needed to get a couple of additional packages in order to have the
ability to install different KDE themes.

What I did was this:

I put the following repository in /etc/yum.repos.d/:
http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/redhat/kde-redhat.repo

Then I did the following commands:
http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/gpg-pubkey-ff6382fa-3e1ab2ca|
|[root at localhost dave]# yum install kde qt arts kdelibs kdebase gtk+
gtk2 redhat-artwork
||[root at localhost dave]# || yum update

I got these instructions from:
http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

Could any of this been the cause of the problem?

Dave