[CentOS] VSFTP/MySQL

Sat Aug 6 13:45:41 UTC 2005
Franki <franki at htmlfixit.com>

Troy Engel wrote:
> Just to throw out another option, consider looking at ProFTPd instead of
> VSFTPd; it supports native (as long as you compile it in) MySQL
> authentication and is completely configurable as to which tables and
> fields you can query for the login data. I can provide some quickie
> examples if you need.
>
> I have for years ditched whatever FTP daemon RedHat has offered and gone
> right to ProFTPd on every server that needs FTP, and have never been
> dissappointed.
>
> hth,
> -te
>
> Franki wrote:

Is there any reason why pam/mysql is a bad idea?

I like the idea behind VSFTP, small, fast and secure, and it handles
virtual users and TLS, if pam/mysql does the trick then that sounds
perfect for me.

Still, having said that if it doesn't work out in my testing, proftp
would be my next option.

My perfect solution would be SSH/SFTP with chroot jails, but
unfortunately thats an administration nightmare.

rgds

Franki