[CentOS] Re: Softick Card Export on Linux with Palm Tungsten E

Sat Aug 6 19:48:47 UTC 2005
Etienne Savard <etienne.savard at videotron.ca>

Etienne Savard wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed Softick Card Export 2.19
> (http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/) on my Palm Tungsten E. It is
> supposed to let me access the SD card inside my Palm without the need
> of an external SD card reader. This software is suppposed to be
> compatible with Linux usb-storage since version 2.15... but I didn't
> find how to use it.
>
> If I do "lsmod | grep -i usb", I see the following:
>
> usb_storage            61193  0
> scsi_mod              121293  2 sd_mod,usb_storage
> usbserial              25769  1 visor
>
> Anybody have experience with that software or any idea how to mount an
> usb-storage device?
>
> I'm running Centos 4.1.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Etienne Savard.

I checked /var/log/messages and I see the following:

Aug  6 15:46:17 auster kernel: usb 4-2: USB disconnect, address 17
Aug  6 15:46:20 auster kernel: usb 4-2: new full speed USB device using
address 18
Aug  6 15:46:21 auster kernel: usb-storage: probe of 4-2:1.0 failed with
error -1

I'm wondering: Is it a problem with the software or the kernel module?

Thanks!
Etienne.