[CentOS] Off Topic - making a route sticky

Sun Aug 7 04:32:08 UTC 2005
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Robert Hanson wrote:
> off topic
>
> may i ask what brand and model of adsl modem you are using?
>
> i am guessing it is an internal unit and works with Linux and specifically
> CentOS

It's some "never heard of it" brand, got it from ISP, the modem is back
at work so I can't check the label right now.  The ISP is probably
giving away the cheapest ones it could find.  It's external unit that
can be hooked to the PC via either USB or Ethernet cable.  I have it
connected via Ethernet cable.  I guess any external ADSL modem that
connects to PC via Ethernet cable would work with Linux.  Not sure about
support for USB and internal versions.  I think even on Windows you
might need special drivers for those (while classic Ethernet connected
work out of the box).