[CentOS] Making Driver Disks

Mon Aug 8 17:33:39 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 08:56 -0600, William wrote:
> While this is all interesting, I wonder if any of you know what it takes
> to make a proper driver disk for CentOS 4?  :)

I'm driving at that (because I'm "outta date").  You must build your
module against the installer's kernel, not your kernel.

It also has to be in a specific format.  Last time I did this, it was a
cpio archive (on a VFAT16 disk?).  Is it now a straight Ext2 disk?

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com