[CentOS] Making Driver Disks

Wed Aug 10 15:14:02 UTC 2005
Connie Sieh <csieh at fnal.gov>

There seems to be a "RedHat" project that is trying to address this issue.

A description of "ddiskit" from http://people.redhat.com/linville/ddiskit/

The raison d'etre for ddiskit is to ease the burden (and encode the magic)
of making Device Driver Update Disks for Red Hat originated distributions
(i.e. RHEL and FC) based on the 2.6 (and beyond?) series of Linux kernels.
ddiskit fills the same need which Doug Ledford's Device Driver Update Disk
Devel Kit filled for prior generations of Red Hat distributions.

-Connie Sieh
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory