Bind Caching Nameserver <was: Re: [CentOS] Caching nameserver--Name Services Cache Daemon (nscd)>

Wed Aug 10 18:23:41 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

[ If you haven't noticed, I'm not bothering to append the
subject anymore because other people are just pre-pending or
even changing it. ]

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have no idea what any of that means.  It doesn't sound
> easier than using the stock packages which also 'just work'
> when you add the names and addresses that no other server
> knows.  It does help to have a tool to build the reverse
> zones for you but webmin is probably the way to go if you
> don't want to do it by hand.

I agree!
The graphical configuration GUI does an _excellent_ job of
setting up forward zones, reverse zones and even forwarders
in a chroot environment.
At least it has as of FC3/RHEL4 (after some initial FC2
"first generation" issues).