[CentOS] Bind Setup

Thu Aug 11 16:03:26 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 10:40, Robert Hanson wrote:
> }
> } There was a distribution-packaging part of this discussion that wasn't
> } answered.  If someone wants to bring it back on track they could explain
> } what you get with an 'everything' install and how to get the chroot
> } flavor installed.

> i started to answer it and then thought better. i know what you asked and
> mean yet i just trial and error till i found what works for me re:
>
> rpm -qa | grep whatever
> yum whatprovides
> yum install
> yum remove
>
> etc and my servers among the "other" things you are asking or implying.

Same here, and unfortunately I take the same approach to reading the
documentation, just hunting for details when I need them.  I was
hoping that the package groupings and a way to browse them was
documented somewhere and I had just missed it.   You can use synaptic
to wade through the individual packages, but where do you find
the overview/detail of what you get in the groupings?

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com