[CentOS] Need Dual Boot Installation Help

Fri Aug 12 13:44:27 UTC 2005
David Evennou <de at data-masters.com>

OK, thanks!

Yes, I would like the information to get Windows XP running after installing
GRUB on the MBR.

Side note:
I have a Ubuntu Linux installation the was installed on a XP box. I followed
the following instructions, both boot options, Linux and XP were available
choices.

Install GRUB on the first sector of the /boot partition. DO NOT INSTALL IT
ON THE MBR!.
If you are performing the Red Hat installation, for the "Boot Loader
Installation" screen:
  a.. Select "Use GRUB as the boot loader"
  b.. Select Install Boot Loader record on "...First sector of boot
partition".
  c.. After finishing the Red Hat installation, reboot into Linux.
I thought the same procedure would work, because the CentOS Installation
gave me the choice of where to install GRUB using the "Advanced" setting.

Note: the information above is from this link:

http://www.geocities.com/epark/linux/grub-w2k-HOWTO.html

Thanks,
David