[CentOS] Need Dual Boot Installation Help

Sat Aug 13 00:49:09 UTC 2005
Paul <subsolar at subsolar.com>

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 14:09 +0000, duffmckagan wrote:
> On 8/12/05, Tony Schreiner <schreian at bc.edu> wrote:
> > On Aug 12, 2005, at 9:44 AM, David Evennou wrote:
> >
> > > OK, thanks!
> > >
> > > Yes, I would like the information to get Windows XP running after
> > > installing
> > > GRUB on the MBR.
> > >

> > Add these lines to your /etc/grub.conf
> >
> > title Windows XP
> >          rootnoverify (hd0,1)
> >          chainloader +1
> >

> > making sure to substitute the right partition name for (hd0,1)

The above should work ... you may need to play with the (hd0,1) line ...
I had to after creating a FAT32 partition to share data between Windows
2000 and Centos 4.1.

> Doing this alone won't help, as the Cent OS kernel doesn't have
> support for NTFS File System. (Which Windows XP Uses by default)
>
> I think following the instructions in my previous post should help.

The kernel does not need NTFS support ... booting to Win2K/XP only
requires that the boot loader be able to find the partition.

Regards,
Paul