[CentOS] kde-file manager su mode

Tue Aug 16 14:22:56 UTC 2005
rado <rado at rivers-bend.com>

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 13:01 +0000, duffmckagan wrote:
> On 8/11/05, rado <rado at rivers-bend.com> wrote:
> > hi y'all,
> >  ...realize that maybe I should go to kde w/this but then, I do run
> > centos on my systems soooo...
> >
> > kk I like to run kde's file manager in super user mode. On one of my
> > systems, it's acting it's ass...as my default editor I do use kwrite and
> > I normally set that up to open any text type file w/that but for some
> > reason, on this one certain system, I can't navigate among the folders.
> > I double click on a folder as I normally do and it just throws me into
> > kwrite instead on just navigating down the tree.
> >
> > Just wondering if any of y'all might have some ideas to correct this
> > simply. I just can't seem to find the right config option to do it.
> >
> > thx
> >
> > John Rose
> > --
> > ...and I woke up 2 days later in the back yard talking to Elvis!
>

> You can try using this as a user.
>
> user at computer$kdesu konqueror
>
> Then it will ask you for the password, simply type, and navigate.
> Hope this helps.

The way I like to operate, su file manager is very important to me.
this did work for a bit but this one machine is driving me nuts.
I feel I have 2 options here.
1. Fix KDE Konquerorsu so to work again.  This is my preference. But I
wonder if someone might have the insite to do this.
2. On that one machine, run gnome, but then, to my knowledge I don't
think they have a su file manager. Am I wrong about this? I do no very
little bout gnome but it seems very good!

The only reason I prefer kde over gnome is because of that su file
manager.

thx

John Rose