[CentOS] CentOS 4.1 x86_64 compiler segfaults

Wed Aug 17 00:27:40 UTC 2005
Pasi Pirhonen <upi at papat.org>

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 01:09:08PM +0200, Remco Barendse wrote:
> >On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 11:05:51AM +0200, Remco Barendse wrote:
> >>

> Indeed, but I migrated the production Tao 1.0 boxes to Centos 3.x. I don't
> see any reason to stop using it :) I do miss the x86_64 kernel with 3Ware
> support for CentOS 3.x :)

The support is there still as i do maintain those kernels, but it's not
avaulable at installation time.

http://core.upi.iki.fi/out/kernel/

still has the latest kernel available. The set of supported features is
a little reduced from what it was (like i dropped the directmapper some
time ago), but XFS and 3ware are there.

> Thinking further, you could be right (partially) :)
>
> When messing around loading a kernel module I caused a kernel panic and
> the box was shutdown uncleanly. I *suspect* that this may have caused some
> corruption on the filesystem (even though I did force a filesystem check
> and got no errors) and damaged some important stuff.

rpm -Va

That does actually walk thru fs and verify if something has changed
with files installed with rpm. There will be a lot of lines from
various config files, so anyone running these should not get
immetiatedly alerted 'my box is 0wned' :)

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/