[CentOS] Re: Contemplating Move -- [OT] Fedora Core

Wed Aug 17 22:43:16 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the resume...

I don't know how to take that, but just so you know ...
That's only a _minority_ portion of my career (~4-5 years).

If you want my resume, I'll send it to you off-line.
Until then, I point out things so people know where I'm
coming from, and I understand many of their processes, not to
be "arrogant."

Why?  Because there's always people who have more
credentials.
If I wanted to flaunt my credentials, just me, I can get
rediculous.  There's no need to do that, because we're all
here to help each other, not to show "I am the authority" on
something.

I'd rather people take me on the value of my actual technical
statements -- and that has to be earned over _years_.
Credentials are a "shortcut" that I despise.  So don't read
into things when I point them out to show that I understand
where people are coming from.

Such as engineering processes.