[CentOS] Re: The scariest set up of all: Printer Support -- [OT] Postscript

Fri Aug 19 05:35:23 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 14:08 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> My experience with printers is that of all the peripherals, regardless
> of OS, they are the trickiest to install, configure, and use.

Not if they have some on-board intelligence and do Postscript.  Then it
solves the problem for _every_ OS.  ;->

Yeah, it means I pay $200-400 for a laser printer, but I use it for 5+
years.  My latest is a Postscript Level 3 Dell 3100cn that I just picked
up for $352 (shipped to my door and including tax).  Before that it was
a $299 Postscript Level 2 LaserJet 1220se (also scans and copies,
including XSane support) as well as a $249 Postscript Level 2 Lexmark
E310.

Postscript = eternally supported + 0 headaches in any OS

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com