[CentOS] Re: The scariest set up of all: Printer Support -- step-by-step: Canon PIXUS iP3100

Fri Aug 19 13:09:47 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 17:02 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> Thank you for that excellent article. And what a stroke of luck that the
> person us using my exact model.

He actually got into messing with the PPD, which you probably need not
do.

> All went well until the author of the article instructed to go to "Start
> Menu > Control Center > peripherals > printers". I have neither a
> "Control Center", nor a "Peripherals", let alone a "printers" anywhere
> in my menu. The author of the article is using KDE, but shouldn't there
> be something similar in Gnome?
> Which, although I'm probably many steps ahead, I'm sort of back to my
> original question. Where do I access printer settings? Is there a GUI in
> Gnome for this? Is there one I can install?
> Apparently I'm looking for an "add printer wizard",

System Settings -> Printing

Do you not have it???

It's basically a "wizard" that steps you through.

> or anything that lets me properly install the "ppd" file that I've
> created for my printer.

Well, the PPD is just a description.  The fact that you added the
BubbleJet drivers is the big help.

> Where can I administrate my printer settings?

Again, System Settings -> Printing.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com