[CentOS] xfs module not loading

Fri Aug 19 20:51:08 UTC 2005
Fong Vang <sudoyang at gmail.com>

On 8/19/05, James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com> wrote:
> Fong Vang wrote:
> >>
> >>Rebuilding the installer with and an XFS enabled kernel will result in a
> >>working installer ... as you've seen, hacking the installer by adding
> >>modules, doesn't work - that is the main difference ...
> >

> > Makes sense. Thank you for the insight.  Could you point to some
> > document detailing the steps to rebuild the installer (not really sure
> > what that means).
>
> See an earlier post in this thread:
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2005-August/010119.html
>
> Basically you need to have the whole distribution (from CDs etc) on
> line, replace all the various kernel RPMS with the ones from centosplus
> downloads and add the xfsprogs (and jfsutils and reiserfs) RPMS to the
> CentOS/RPMS directory, install the anaconda-runtime RPM and run
> something like the script at http://centos.hughesjr.com/testing/build.sh.txt

I tried to run it, but looks like you need the SRPMS.  The script
doesn't do much error checking.  The variables are not well commented,
but I assume BUILDDIR is where the build will happen and DISTDIR is
the original source is located.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to dive into the script and try to figure
out how it's doing it.  BTW, last question.  Does it create the
initrd, kernel, netstg and stage2 images automatically?

Here's my sample run:

ls: /scratch/fong/centos-4.1-rebuild/SRPMS/comps-4*: No such file or directory
ls: /scratch/fong/centos-4.1-rebuild/SRPMS/rpmdb-CentOS*: No such file
or directory
Starting Build ... - logging to
/scratch/buildcentos/rpmbuild/build.200508191350.log
./build.sh: line 42:
/scratch/buildcentos/rpmbuild/build.200508191350.log: No such file or
directory
cp: missing destination file
Try `cp --help' for more information.
cp: missing destination file
Try `cp --help' for more information.
rpm: no packages given for install
rpm: no packages given for install
Building Comps
./build.sh: line 73:
/scratch/buildcentos/rpmbuild/build.200508191350.log: No such file or
directory
./build.sh: line 80:
/scratch/buildcentos/rpmbuild/build.200508191350.log: No such file or
directory
./build.sh: line 81:
/scratch/buildcentos/rpmbuild/build.200508191350.log: No such file or
directory
./build.sh: line 82:
/scratch/buildcentos/rpmbuild/build.200508191350.log: No such file or
directory
./build.sh: line 83:
/scratch/buildcentos/rpmbuild/build.200508191350.log: No such file or
directory
./build.sh: line 84:
/scratch/buildcentos/rpmbuild/build.200508191350.log: No such file or
directory
Building Rpmdb