[CentOS] Has anyone got dvd::rip to work in CentOS?

Mon Aug 22 04:23:41 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 11:46 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> What I found as a newbie was that the effort of trying to get it to
> install far outweighed the effort of considering other Linux
> distributions.

I wanted to point out the fact that one needs to remember that
installation makes up 0% of using Linux.

> Perhaps I misunderstood something along the way. What I thought was the
> case was that while Linux is free, some distributions aren't.

There are a few distros out there that are still trying to cater to the
pricing of volume, commercial distros.  They are largely failing.

Red Hat was smart, they got out of it period.  It's likely never to be
profitable, even if Linux had a 50% share.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com