[CentOS] Why shouldn't I expect more of CentOS/Linux?

Mon Aug 22 12:37:16 UTC 2005
Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com>

>I've been using centos3 and centos4 with transcode, k3b, xine, mplayer and yes
>even dvd::rip for a long time without any issues.  Shoot me a line off list
>and I'll help you get this stuff working.

Thank you for your help.

I hope others will permit this discussion to continue on-list. Not just
because of the possibility that others may be interested, but because I
like the security of knowing this discussion is being stored in an
archive somewhere in case I have a cataclysm on my machine and lose my
own records.

In any case, if you would be willing to share simply how you got
dvd::rip working, that would be a great start. Was it an RPM install or
using a tarball?

Dave