[CentOS] Has anyone got dvd::rip to work in CentOS?

Mon Aug 22 12:39:15 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com> wrote:
> So, to use your analogy, I'm sitting in the car with the
> souped up engine, and it won't start, and I'm surrounded by
> mechanics saying "Yeah, but if it did run, it would be
> better."

Again, poor analogy.  You don't install Linux everytime you
want to use it.  You don't mod it everytime you want to use
it.

A better analogy is that you have a kit car and you have to
build it.  With the Ubuntu instructions, you couldn't figure
it out from the parts you had.  With the CentOS instructions,
you could.

99.9% of users don't get a kit car, they get the car
pre-built.  So all they do is start it up.  I.e., all you do
is boot it up.