[CentOS] CentOS 4.1 yum update just hangs NOT-[SOLVED]

Mon Aug 22 18:49:46 UTC 2005
Robin Mordasiewicz <robin at bullseye.tv>

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Alan Hodgson wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 02:31:08PM -0400, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
>> I got further in the yum update but it quit with
>>
>> Running Transaction Test
>> Finished Transaction Test
>> Transaction Test Succeeded
>> Running Transaction
>> Updating: zlib 100 % done 1/128
>> /sbin/ldconfig: File /usr/lib/liblapack.so.3.0.3.#prelink#.3qFZHx is
>> empty, not checked.
>>
>> and on the console I see...
>>
>> ata3: command 0xca timeout ....
>> ata3: status 0xda { Busy }
>> SCSI error <2 0 0 0 >
>> Current sda: sense key aborted command
>> Additional sense: scsi parity error
>> end_request: I/O error /dev/sda
>> EXT3fs error: ... journal has aborted
>>

> Well this is clearly some sort of serious hardware or disk driver issue.  I
> can't imagine it being related to yum or rpm other than that what it's
> currently interfering with.

Well the initial install is fine, it only does this after running yum
update, and I have tried it on three separate machines all with the same
results, and which all worked fine under CentOS-3