[CentOS] Why shouldn't I expect more of CentOS/Linux?

Mon Aug 22 19:40:57 UTC 2005
Barry L. Kline <blkline at attglobal.net>

Timothy wrote:
>  Like has been mentioned before on
> this list centos is really geared toward the server market (stability) and
> when you load all these multimedia apps you give up some of that because of

I wouldn't say it's geared to toward the server market as much as it's
geared to the business desktop or server market.  I use my desktops for
development and moved from Fedora to CentOS just so I wouldn't have to
keep upgrading the OS just to keep current with patches.  But you are
right -- you can easily install many of the "bleeding edge" packages if
you so desire.  The only difference is that you then take on the
responsibility of keeping them updated yourself.

BK