[CentOS] associate .php file with php

Mon Aug 22 21:32:02 UTC 2005
Maciej Żenczykowski <maze at cela.pl>

The other solution is to use the 'wine solution' which runs dos exe's
through wine based on extension.
It has something to do with setting up misc binary support.
I can't remember exactly how it's done but you basically load some special
kernel module (binfmt_misc I think) and then echo a proper line
(containing .php extension information and /usr/bin/php executer + some
other misc info) into the proper place in the /proc file system hierarchy.
It should be documented somewhere in the kernel docs.

Cheers,
MaZe.