[CentOS] Why shouldn't I expect more of CentOS/Linux?

Tue Aug 23 13:11:27 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 20:30 -0500, Paul wrote:
> Yeah ... all version of MS Office before 2003 (XP?) don't run as a
> "user" without giving permission to write things where users should not
> not be able to.
> The lack of application support (MS & otherwise) under windows to run as
> a limited user is the biggest frustration I have to deal with
> administering windows desktops.

You weren't there when Office 95 came out and the supposed "Office 95
ready" Windows NT 3.51 "Daytona" release was supposed to run it without
issues.  ;->

How many of Microsoft's products passed Microsoft's own "Designed for
Windows 95 and NT" certification?  *0*  They _failed_ every damn time.

So Microsoft changed the certification requirements.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com