[CentOS] Re: Linux Trademarked?

Wed Aug 24 03:40:06 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 22:08 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> No problem. No offence meant or taken, I'm sure.
> OTOH, over on FC echo I was recently accused of being willing
> to argue with a doorknob :-)

You should see the one I started on Fedora Marketing right now.

If Red Hat is not going to allow "Fedora(TM)" to use a hat in its
illustration for fear of lack of trademark enforcement, then just what
the heck does "Fedora" mean?

It's the same, alleged "loophole" and that only means Red Hat either:
A) Has to keep asserting rights to "Fedora(TM)" (fine by me), or
B) The owner of "Fedora(TM)" might need to change the name in the future

God, I honestly don't believe someone didn't think this through.
I think someone at Red Hat legal should be looking at it seriously.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com