[CentOS] dual xeon

Wed Aug 24 14:58:06 UTC 2005
Ian mu <mu.llamas at gmail.com>

Can't comment on the performance aspect as haven't tested an Opteron
setup, but I've typically not gone for them myself as it seems hard to
find a decent place (in the uk anyway) that supplies them as cheap
prebuilt rackservers with after sales cover. I could build them myself
cheaper, but I can buy xeon servers cheaper prebuilt especially if
after sales service wanted.

That may just be my experience and I don't know any places where
others buy their opteron servers from though, but I always find this
one odd. Guessing might just be some of the bigger companies selling
have better deals with intel, or just don't want to go down the
opteron route?

Any recommended suppliers that also do cover (don't think Dell do
opterons do they?)