[CentOS] Re: screen shifting -- match monitor sections if Linux, otherwise use xvidtune

Fri Aug 26 16:19:01 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

Daniel Wright <dw at wonderwave.net> wrote:
> I got a kvn yesterday, and have a problem when switching
> from computers, where the screen is slightly shifted on one
> of them.  I have to go into the monitor configuration
screen
> and move the screen to the right to center it on one of the
> computers ... Is there a way to adjust this in xorg.conf so
> that when I switch between the computers, I don't have to
> switch the computers?  I am running CentOS 4.1.

If you're using the same scan range and modeline settings in
the Xorg.conf of all systems, you should never see this.

But if you are switching to Windows and its arbitrary scan
ranges used by different video cards, then that won't work.

Use "xvidtune" on the Xorg system to find the modeline for
your resolution(s) and put those in the monitor section.