[CentOS] OT: CentOS server with 2 GbE links to 2 GbE switches

Fri Aug 26 17:23:32 UTC 2005
Patrick <centos at puzzled.xs4all.nl>

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 08:36 -0700, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
[snip

Thanks for the background info. Much appreciated.

> If you let me know what your networking equipment and/or
> budgetary constraints are, I can help you further.  You'd be
> surprised how little this actually costs, but if you're using
> $200 GbE switches, then I can't help you with layer-2.

The switches are most likely Cisco kit so I guess it would be a Cisco
3560G-24TS-24 GbE switch which is a relatively new model with current
IOS. A quick google shows they support LACP/IEEE 802.3ad so that looks
good. The server brand is unkown to me (if that matters) but obviously
it needs to have 2x GbE LAN ports. OS is CentOS 4.1. At the end of the
day if Link Aggregation is the way to go, we will make the design use
it. It's all IPv4 by the way, no IPv6 support required.

Regards,
Patrick