[CentOS] Re: file system defragmentation -- "Filesystem Fundamentals and Practices"

Sat Aug 27 10:16:20 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 13:04 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> The time has come, the walrus said, to speak of many things...

Okay, here it is:
  http://thebs413.blogspot.com/2005/08/filesystem-fundamentals-and-practices.html

You'll quickly note that it's a discussion that touches many things, but
follows a specific set of context and considerations that I use.  I do
not advocate that specific filesystems are better or worse than others,
or how you should layout your filesystem -- I just document why I
adopted some filesystems for my own reasons, and why I follow my layout
strategy.

I tried it put it into words (even if almost rambling after ~6 hours on
a Friday through early Saturday morning) and will try to "clean it up
more" in the coming days or weeks.  So please be understanding even if
you disagree with my viewpoints, they are the ones I follow, and they
have really helped me completely eliminate any issues with my clients.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com