[CentOS] hardware RAID5 - MBR and default grub config on CentOS 4

Mon Aug 29 18:26:30 UTC 2005
Robert Hanson <roberth at abbacomm.net>

}
} Then it doesn't matter one bit.
}
} I don't even make a separate /boot anymore and haven't in a
} long time.  I typicaly make a 1-8GB / (root) on my hardware
} RAID-1, RAID-10 or RAID-5 volumes.
} --
} Bryan J. Smith
}

what about any possible security issues for having a separate /boot ??

what about other physical or logical reasons?

i value your input Bryan yet why do people even mention a separate /boot
unless it is on an entirely different drive that is only mirrored and not
part of the hardware RAID5 for almost obvious reasons...

or a security issue in fstab or something i cant recall right now?

anything else?

thanks and kind regards,

 - rh

--