[CentOS] Tyan S2891 and CentOS

rik at harddata.com

Thu Dec 1 18:18:42 UTC 2005

I am trying to install CentOS to a server that has a Tyan S2891
motherboard, 2 Opteron 875 Dual Cores and 2GB of RAM.

I have been able trying to install over a network but the tg3 driver will
not load.  I then installed from a DVD and on rebooting after the
installation I cannot get the network drivers to load and the RAID
controller in the PCI slot is not available.

It seems that when I do an lspci -tv the only a minimal amount of devices
are seen.

[0000:00]-+-00.0  nVidia Corporation CK804 Memory Controller
           +-01.0  nVidia Corporation CK804 ISA Bridge
           +-01.1  nVidia Corporation CK804 SMBus
           +-02.0  nVidia Corporation CK804 USB Controller
           +-02.1  nVidia Corporation CK804 USB Controller
           +-06.0  nVidia Corporation CK804 IDE
           +-09.0-[0000:01]----07.0  ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL
           \-0e.0-[0000:02]--

Has anyone had success with a combination of parts close to this?

Rik