[CentOS] Linking against a specific Berkeley DB install

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Dec 2 00:38:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 13:28 -0800, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> 3)  Red Hat spend several years trying to beef up OpenLDAP as
> the heart of its open source enterprise services platform,
> but finally just started reselling NsDS/CS as RHDS/CS last
> year.  This deal included the rights to GPL most of NsDS/CS
> no later than April 30, 2005.

----
I hesitate to go on this divergent path but I was never convinced that
Red Hat has opened their heart to openldap... RHEL 3 after all shipped
the ancient 2.07 version and RHEL 4 continues to languish with a
partially broken 2.2.13 and only recently have they finally tried to
integrate a broken but commendable effort of openldap & kerberos in FC-4

Thus - the OP was trying to get an openldap installation up to speed.

Craig