[CentOS] MySQL as a service, don't start

Samuel Rochas samuel.rochas at andinasoft.com
Fri Dec 2 15:32:52 UTC 2005

Hello Jim,

> By default mysql starts just fine, so the question becomes "What did
> you do?".
That's a good question. As far as I remember, installed mysql with
centos. Then, since I could not enter to mysql console, I started to
search for a solution, including reinstall mysql server and client from
"some" rpms.
Maybe the best solution is to uninstall the client and the server and to
install the mysql stuff again from CD?

Thank you
Samuel

---  andinasoft SA - Software y Consulting  ---
Mariano Aguilera 216 y Almagro - Quito, Ecuador
Tel. +593 2 223 5682 ----- Cel. +593 9 946 4046
---------  http://www.andinasoft.com  ---------