[CentOS] Linking against a specific Berkeley DB install

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 2 16:51:39 UTC 2005

> I agree with Karanbir here ... and if / when we build it
> ... it will probably be because the Enterprise version is
> released, for EL3 and EL4, available only to paying
> customers, and is different than the FDS version.

And that's an excellent approach.  I'm sure you're seeing
what happens if and when there is SRPM for RHDS -- if ever.
It could be likely be you'll never see one, because the
future 1.x series will just be FDS -- bit for bit.

In case it isn't clear to many, this is not like RHEL which
is a 18-month released based on 2-3 revisions of RHL/FC.
This is a project-product added to the distro, and is the
same that runs on either series.

But according to the FAQ, they don't even have the codebase
working with autoconf/automate yet, so I'd say it'll be a bit
before you can even rebuild FDS from SRPM directly.  So any
RHEL SRPM will be behind that (if offered at all -- again,
probably not if it's 0 different).